Thursday, February 21, 2013

a road trip and a new product!

wow...I'm tried!
It's Thursday and I'm ready to sleep for about 9 million hours! I just finished my newest unit about Biomes and I love it, I originally just made an outline but I realized that wasn't gonna cut it so i decided to become a writer...well, sorta.  I decided that my unit needed to include some actual text so my students could really read and find the material.  So that's what I did! I wrote about Rain forests, the Tundra, the Taiga, Deserts and check out my product to see more.  I also added 38 vocabulary cards {vocabulary came from the book I made}, venn diagrams and a KWL activity.






Exploring Biomes Pack

 I went on a road trip with my two bestest friends to visit my other bestest friend who now lives and teaches in Seattle.  We had the best time! Lots of laughs, food and drinks! It was a great time but I think a need a vacation from my vacation!


Here were are riding "The Great Wheel" at Miners Landing on the pier.  Left to right my friend Victoria (lives in Seattle) Carrie (she's a fabulous hair dresser!) Me! (I got that gorgeous shirt at Nordstrom Rack in downtown Seattle) and Pam (my face is still recovering from all the laughing).  I totally loves these girls! It's so great to have such wonderful friends, I'm lucky :)

here's a few more pics from the trip...










4 comments :

Carrie said...

Looks like an awesome pack. I just love meeting up with other teaching friends! Looks like you had a blast!

Deirdre said...

That looks like a fun trip, I've been to Seattle a couple of times and always enjoy it. Your bio pack looks good too. I teach that as well, so I wishlisted it , because it won't be until next year. I am glad you have a map, I tried that one year and it was quite hard. So next year, every one colored their own biome (they were in groups, one group for each biome) and then when everyone presented their info, I gave them a new map and they went around to all the other groups maps and colored the new map completely in. Though it was a bit tricky. -- Deirdre aka Evil Math Wizard

Katie said...

Awesome product, I will definitely be checking it out. I teach all ELL students and we do all content based instruction, so your unit will be perfect!

Erika said...

Deirdre-great idea about the map! Let me know what you think of it!

Katie-Thank you, I found that I couldn't find a lot of great info for kids to read so I figured...Why not write it myself! I hope your students will like it ;)

I'd love feedback on it!

Thanks ladies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...